27 May 2010

experiment [in newtown].



And even if your experiment is an epic fail, "failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently" - Mr Ford

With this in mind, Anna-Lou, Tina and I spent last Saturday afternoon at our local Newtown Launderette to experiment with a few vintage dresses.





















A few weeks ago my dear grandma gave me some of her dresses from the seventies. While beautiful in their original condition, I was nervous they had potential to conjure images of librarians and housewives and result in too much attention from passers-by.






















Thank you Anna Lou for pointing out this beautiful shot. Newtown's old buildings provide the most amazing backdrop for the afternoon sun.



A couple of nights later, in a spurt of spontaneity I decided to experiment with a dress, sans professional tailor. I ripped half a metre off the bottom, threw it on and ran out the door. I hope the Newtown Launderette experiment was as successful as my spontaneous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment